MetroWest Legal Services is a non-profit 501(c) 3 law firm established in 1976 that provides free civil legal aid to low-income, disabled and elderly people throughout MetroWest. The MWLS service area includes 36 towns in Central and South Middlesex and Southern Norfolk county.
Job applicants must demonstrate a commitment to justice for low-income individuals, strong legal skills, and the ability to work effectively with diverse populations. MetroWest Legal Services offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package.
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree helpful
- 3-5 years’ of proven experience and knowledge in the development field with:
- Annual giving programs including new donor development, renewals, stewardship;
- Planning and executing Special Events;
- Grant-writing and prospecting for grant opportunities; and
- Recruitment, training and motivation of leadership volunteers.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work cooperatively with and under the direction of the Executive Director
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with website and social media platforms
- Ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships
- Strong organizational, time management skills, able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently without close oversight
- Excellent team player open to working in a fluid, fast paced environment
- Commitment to MWLS mission
- Able to work some evenings and/or weekends during special events and major campaigns
MOVA STAFF ATTORNEY
Fast paced legal services office seeks an experienced full time staff attorney to represent victims of crime in family law, immigration, housing, benefits, consumer, and education cases. Responsibilities include direct client representation as well as community education and outreach. 3-5 years of experience preferred. Applicants should have a demonstrated experience working in the public interest or legal aid environment, be passionate about achieving justice and overcoming barriers facing low-income clients, and be a creative team-player committed to securing lasting results for clients and low-income communities. Prior experience working with victims of crime (in particular domestic violence, sexual assault and homicide) preferred. Ability to speak Spanish or Portuguese preferred.
To apply: Please send cover letter including salary requirements and resume to email@example.com or by regular mail to MetroWest Legal Services, 63 Fountain Street, Suite 304, Framingham, MA 01702.
Application deadline: Open until filled.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
IMMIGRATION STAFF ATTORNEY
MetroWest Legal Services (MWLS) seeks a full-time staff attorney to primarily represent undocumented immigrant youth in a variety of immigration matters including, but not limited to, petitions for Special Immigrant Juvenile Status, U-Visas and applications for asylum before the USCIS and EOIR. Qualified candidates will have 1-3 years of experience in relevant immigration law; experience working with immigrants, strong writing and oral advocacy skills, and strong administrative skills. Applicants should have a demonstrated experience working in the public interest or legal aid environment, be passionate about achieving justice and overcoming barriers facing low-income clients, and be a creative team-player committed to securing lasting results for immigrant clients. In addition, qualified candidates should have excellent organizational skills, time management and record keeping skills, including the ability to work independently, assess priorities, take initiative, handle multiple assignments in a fast paced environment and meet deadlines. Ability to speak Spanish or Portuguese is required. Admission to the Massachusetts State Bar is required. Salary is commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits offered.
To apply: Please send cover letter including salary requirements and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or by regular mail to
MetroWest Legal Services
63 Fountain Street, Suite 304
Framingham, MA 01702.
An Equal Opportunity Employer