MetroWest Legal Services is a non-profit 501(c) 3 law firm established in 1976 that provides free civil legal aid to low-income, disabled and elderly people throughout MetroWest. The MWLS service area includes 36 towns in Central and South Middlesex and Southern Norfolk county.
Job applicants must demonstrate a commitment to justice for low-income individuals, strong legal skills, and the ability to work effectively with diverse populations. MetroWest Legal Services offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package.
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree helpful
- 3-5 years’ of proven experience and knowledge in the development field with:
- Annual giving programs including new donor development, renewals, stewardship;
- Planning and executing Special Events;
- Grant-writing and prospecting for grant opportunities; and
- Recruitment, training and motivation of leadership volunteers.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work cooperatively with and under the direction of the Executive Director
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with website and social media platforms
- Ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships
- Strong organizational, time management skills, able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently without close oversight
- Excellent team player open to working in a fluid, fast paced environment
- Commitment to MWLS mission
- Able to work some evenings and/or weekends during special events and major campaigns
MOVA STAFF ATTORNEY
Fast paced legal services office seeks an experienced full time staff attorney to represent victims of crime in family law, immigration, housing, benefits, consumer, and education cases. Responsibilities include direct client representation as well as community education and outreach. 3-5 years of experience preferred. Applicants should have a demonstrated experience working in the public interest or legal aid environment, be passionate about achieving justice and overcoming barriers facing low-income clients, and be a creative team-player committed to securing lasting results for clients and low-income communities. Prior experience working with victims of crime (in particular domestic violence, sexual assault and homicide) preferred. Ability to speak Spanish or Portuguese preferred.
To apply: Please send cover letter including salary requirements and resume to email@example.com or by regular mail to MetroWest Legal Services, 63 Fountain Street, Suite 304, Framingham, MA 01702.
Application deadline: January 18, 2019.
An Equal Opportunity Employer