MetroWest Legal Services is a non-profit 501(c) 3 law firm established in 1976 that provides free civil legal aid to low-income, disabled and elderly people throughout MetroWest. The MWLS service area includes 36 towns in Central and South Middlesex and Southern Norfolk county.
Job applicants must demonstrate a commitment to justice for low-income individuals, strong legal skills, and the ability to work effectively with diverse populations. MetroWest Legal Services offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package.
MetroWest Legal Services, a fast paced Legal Services office, seeks a Business Manager. Working in collaboration with the Executive Director and its Board of Directors, the Business Manager’s responsibilities include the general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable and payroll. The Business Manager works with the Executive Director on audit schedule and tax return preparation and serves as primary contact for annual financial audits. The position is responsible for financial reporting to Management, the Board of Directors, and grant funders and assists the Executive Director with preparation of the annual budget. The Business Manager provides leadership in several areas of human resource management. This includes maintaining personnel files, coordinating payroll processing with the third -party payroll vendor, overseeing employee benefit enrollment, assisting the Executive Director with annual benefit renewals, and executing any required tax filings and reports. The Business Manager provides general office & information management. This includes ordering office supplies, coordinating maintenance and repair requests, and overseeing the offices' phone system, computers, printers and networks to ensure functionality, data integrity and security of information.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business.
- 5 year’s relevant work experience in financial management.
- Familiar with generally accepted accounting principles and no-profit accounting.
- Familiar with labor and personnel laws and practices.
- Proficiency with office technology including PCs (Microsoft Office Suite and web-based applications. Familiarity with MIP accounting software and LOTUS notes case management software is desirable).
- Proficiency in reading and writing Spanish and/or Portuguese is highly desirable.
- Patient, personable and approachable. Able to work with diverse people, build and maintain strong working relationships with both internal and external partners.
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to work independently.
- Able to develop and follow a prioritized plan of work, set and keep deadlines and work on multiple projects concurrently.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and be responsive to time sensitive organizational priorities.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to listen well, and write and speak effectively.
- Collaborative leadership.
- Ability to manage and disseminate information accurately and effectively.
Salary & Benefits: Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits including medical and dental insurance; 403(b) plan; LTD and life insurance; generous time off; and training and professional development opportunities.
To apply: Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com or by regular mail to MetroWest Legal Services, 63 Fountain Street, Suite 304, Framingham, MA 01702.
Application deadline: July 24, 2017.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.Staff Attorney
MetroWest Legal Services seeks a full time staff attorney to work predominantly representing the parents of children with special needs in all phases of special education and school discipline cases. In addition, the attorney will provide representation to elders in a variety of civil substantive areas including housing and benefits. Responsibilities also include outreach and community education. 1-3 years of experience preferred. Applicants should have a demonstrated experience working in the public interest or legal aid environment, be passionate about achieving justice and overcoming barriers facing low-income clients, and be a creative team-player committed to securing lasting results for clients and low-income communities. Ability to speak Spanish or Portuguese helpful. Send cover letter and resume via email to or mail to:
Staff Attorney Search
MetroWest Legal Services
63 Fountain Street, Suite 304
Framingham, MA 01702
Email contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
An Equal Opportunity Employer